Provides app developers and entrepreneurs useful insights, best practices, tips & tricks on app design, development, distribution, marketing, and monetization
VMAX™, the leading app monetization platform in India & Southeast Asia, on November 18, 2016,launched ‘Developer’s Compass to the App Galaxy’, the first of its kind playbook for app developers and entrepreneurs in India. The playbook is a detailed guide for app developers and entrepreneurs that touches upon the different stages of an app lifecycle ranging from app idea conceptualization, marketplace strategy, design & development, distribution, marketing and monetization. It aims to help app developers and entrepreneurs navigate through the complexities of the app ecosystem through several actionable insights on app marketing, user engagement & retention and most importantly monetization.
According to the ‘Developer’s Compass to the App Galaxy’, India’s appetite for smartphone adoption continues to grow as smartphone numbers are expected to hit an estimated 204 million in 2016, making India the second largest smartphone market globally. This development will have a significant impact on the already robust App Market in India.
Key Highlights from the ‘Developer’s Compass to the App Galaxy’:
- The Android OS platform dominates the Indian market with 94% contribution in terms of smartphone web traffic
- Over 4.35 billion apps downloaded by Indian Android users from Google Play Store between April 2015 and March 2016
- In India, apps constitute 72% of the total downloads while games make up for the remaining 28%
- India has over 2,07,706 publishers on Google Play Store, with an average of 2.4 apps per publisher as of March 2016
- ‘Business’ apps rank the highest among all app genres in terms of number of developers publishing apps on Google Play Store
- Mobile advertising contributed 84% of the total Indian app economy revenue in 2015
Pranab Punj, Vice President – Global Marketing, VMAX™ said, “The Indian app ecosystem has seen tremendous growth over the last few years, giving rise to a robust app developer community. Today, we are pleased to launch ‘Developer’s Compass to the App Galaxy’, the first of its kind playbook for app developers and entrepreneurs in India. The playbook serves as a handy guide for app developers and covers all aspects of an app’s journey right from an idea to a flourishing app business. It is developed with insights from Nielsen Smartphone Panel, Priori Data as well as several eminent industry experts. The playbook is designed to assist not only app developers and entrepreneurs, but also anyone who is part of the Indian Apponomy.”